Google Apps Manager
Setting up a new GAM project
Ensure that the OU containing the admin account has the 18+ age based label. (Account > Account settings > Age based access settings)
Ensure that Google Cloud Platform is enabled for the relevant OU (Apps > Additional Google services)
Ensure that additional services without individual control is enabled for the relevant OU (Apps > Additional Google services > Access to additional services without individual control)
- Download and install GAM from Github.
- Run the command
gam create project
- Enter the email address of an admin user.
- Open the provided URL if it doesn't automatically launch and login with an admin account.
- Allow GAM Project Creation access to the Google account.
- Once GAM has enabled the required APIs, access the provided URL for the API credentials screen
- Select Application type 'Desktop app', enter a name and click the create button.
- Paste the generated client ID and secret into GAM
- In the Google Workspace admin console, navigate to Security > API Controls > App Access Control.
- Click on Add app > OAuth App Name or Client ID.
- Paste the client ID into the text box and click search.
- Select the App name provided in step 7.
- Check the client ID and select the relevant scope.
- Select Trusted, click continue and then finish.
- Confirm parental consent if prompted.
- Return to the GAM window and hit enter.